This video covers:
- how the power company charges more to pay for "free" light bulbs
- the goal is fewer power plants
- a five dollar clothes line would save more
- energy audits are lame
- the longevity of light bulbs - tested
- situations of using a light for 30 seconds or less
- the luminosity for the first 30 seconds
- the amount of electricity to construct a light bulb
- CFL subsidies in australia and the incandescent ban
- total energy cost of a CFL
- CFL toxicity during construction, during use and after disposal
- the 2008 data sheet from the EPA comparing mercury pollution
- IQ Drop
- impact on concentration
- UV burns
- catching on fire
- epipleptic siezures
Thanks to all the folks that chipped in through kickstarter for this video. Including the "executive producer of odd smells" http://makeitmissoula.com
Thanks to Camille Pearl and Durk Collins for playing parts.
George Watsky is a rapper, a slam poet, and based on this music video he’s somebody who lives for today. Because you might think a song with a chorus of “I Don’t Give A F**k” has some kind of dumb YOLO message, but if you listen close it’s actually a mature message about living in the moment…with a dancing yeti playing a piano.
Part of the opening scene of HBO Newsroom by Aaron Sorkin (A few Good Men & West Wing Fame). Finally, some mainstream media scripting something a lot more real than anything we're sold as "reality tv".
This animated short by Evelyn Lambart is a visual adaptation of the famous Aesop fable "The Lion and the Mouse," in which a mouse proves to a lion that the weak and small may be of help to those much mightier than themselves.
A sedentary lifestyle (such as sitting and working in an office all day long) can contribute to significant health problems. However, there is good news... with "Yoga in the Office" you can turn your immobile existence into a Yoga pose for good health, all while staying caught up with work.
Check this program out, it only takes a few minutes per day to do most of these stretches and exercises...