This is the first post of the new year, and we’ve got some exciting news…
As promised, we’re continuing development of the BCmoney MobileTV platform and concept, only under a new domain. We can’t give too many specific details, but we can say that we’ll be integrating some of the best open web projects out there into the new platform.
It will be built on the following three core technologies:
- Content Aggregation & Discovery service (ActivityStreams + oEmbed)
- Trusted Recommendation Engine (WebID + OpenRecommender)
- Digital Cash Micropayments (BitCoin + PaySwarm)
One of the most exciting topics on our radar for 2011 is “Crowdfunding“, or the financing of interesting and innovative projects by the community, rather than through a single investment firm or bank loan. Speaking of interesting projects, one content aggregation service we’ll be implementing in the new BCmoney will be OMP3. Also sure to deliver interesting innovations in mobile web application development will be jQuery Mobile.
Stay tuned, its sure to be an exciting year!
BC$ = Behavior, Content, Money
The goal of the BC$ project is to raise awareness and make changes with respect to the three pillars of information freedom - Behavior (pursuit of interests and passions), Content (sharing/exchanging ideas in various formats), Money (fairness and accessibility) - bringing to light the fact that:
1. We regularly hand over our browser histories, search histories and daily online activities to companies that want our money, or, to benefit from our use of their services with lucrative ad deals or sales of personal information.
2. We create and/or consume interesting content on their services, but we aren't adequately rewarded for our creative efforts or loyalty.
3. We pay money to be connected online (and possibly also over mobile), yet we lose both time and money by allowing companies to market to us with unsolicited advertisements, irrelevant product offers and unfairly structured service pricing plans.